One of the more memorable occasions during the day was when a Forest official, looking grim and disappointed, stated, "well, we can't go any further… we don't have the 9" spikes that were called for in the design". At that point a four wheeler reached behind his front seat and replied, "hey, I got some right here!" With a big smile on his face the Forest official queried, "why in the heck would you be carrying these in your truck… uh wait, I don't want to know." The crew burst out in laughter as progress once again pressed forward.

Here are some of those 9" spikes being gratefully used as if they were sent from heaven. There were so many people doing so many different jobs that were never even explained to them what needed to be done, concern was raised as to how well the finished product would be. Those fears were instantly subsided as it was evident that the jobs were being handled by people possessing that expertise in their arsenal of many talents. If there was a job to do, it didn't sit idle for very long without someone jumping on the chance to chalk just one more duty off the now shorter and shorter list.

At 2pm, there were discussions like this one on the North bridge, about what was needed to be done yet, since completion of the Project before sunset was now a close reality. Workers were then asked if they'd like to stop and finish up tomorrow. The silence of the forest was broken, and resting birds fled from the echoing tree tops as an enthusiastic work force replied in unison, "NO!" The answer was clear, and preparation to finish the two day project in one, were now underway. The North vs. South team competition now turned into a quest to get done early enough to go and help the other team finish as well.

As Sunday's work was being done at 3pm Saturday, talk was generating around the sites for the unparalleled celebration planned later that evening. A unique idea from one official, about "digging a hole and burying the beverages with a lot of ice makes an outstanding cooler." This idea turned out to be the most talked about invention of the entire project, and a anonymously donated 20 cases beverages soon filled the mammoth "cold-hole" for the after hours festivities. In the meantime, there was still about 20 hours of work to do in just a few short hours.

At a little past 2pm, the bridges were taking shape quite rapidly, as the landscaping crews were able to pitch in for some much needed assistance in revving up the pace to a near buzz. This is where Forest officials stepped back and barked commands over the intense noise, as they were concerned of becoming a victim in the frenzy of flailing hammers, spinning drills and swinging boards. Even the cameraman had to back off for the final shots to keep from being an interfering bystander. Even so, the quality didn't suffer, but actually increased as  additional people were there to catch any potential mistakes…. but there were

At around 3pm at the North bridge, a sigh of relief was refreshingly enjoyed as the railings, the final piece to the puzzle, were being quietly erected. This was a novel opportunity for the many proud "mothers and fathers" to stand back and take a long awaited look at their new born baby. "She looks just grand" one worker quietly reveled, at the same time a Forest Official added "I can't believe we got this done in one day", over and over again. Word came down that the South Bridge was also completed, at nearly the same time. After words, the two teams thought they could hear the other cheer over the 3 miles separating them. "I can believe it", replied Event Director, Randy Thomas