Now nearing late morning, almost twice as far ahead of schedule, a human relay line was formed to transport medium sized rocks to form an artificial river bank on the south side of the South bridge location. This section was so badly eroded, this measure was needed to be taken to keep the river on a straight, narrow and high flowing path. Without this modification, the river would slow down and pool off to the side, once again recreating what happened in the past. This keeps the silt down, and the water deep throughout the river channel from this point downstream.

The North river, at almost the same time, was also getting the Rock treatment. Not too long into the day, it was discovered that both teams were receiving scattered reports of the other's progress, which prompted an unofficial race to completion. Even so, the quality was in no way compromised during this accelerated effort. The pace picked up so rapidly, even the Forest Officials needed to take a step back and regroup in order to keep up with the supercharged volunteer crew at their disposal. They were both amazed and eager to make good use of this.

As the final touches were being applied to the river banks, intense work was already being focused onto the bridge itself. At each site location, there were effectively two separate crews at work simultaneously… one responsible for the landscaping, and the other on the bridge construction. Besides all this, it was barely possible to keep up with the logistics of running for materials, supplying food and drink to the workers, as well as making sure there were tools and equipment available to all that needed them. No one had a chance to sit around for more than a minute's rest.

Forest officials, previously the overseers, were now being needed to jump in to keep up with the phenomenal progress being made. At noon, no one wanted to stop for lunch(!), but decided to eat while they worked. At this point the North and South teams were neck and neck, and the heat was being turned up by both teams. It was amazing to see people running back and forth, and wood beams being flailed around as if they were tooth picks. Even the Forest officials commented that "you guys can slow down if you want…" That proved to just make everyone involved work that much faster.

At 1pm both sites were about 8 hours ahead of schedule, and the prospect of actually completing the scheduled two day project in just one day, was now being pondered as a possibility. Once the crews heard this, the speed got turned up yet again another notch. One official remarked, "hey, how much faster can these people go?" Event Director Randy Thomas replied, "Shhh, don't let them here that… they'll go even faster!"

This event truly showed the enthusiasm of this small, yet voracious group of dedicated off road enthusiasts.

With out warning, all progress nearly came to a halt when it was discovered that there was a major error in the building plans and material stores for the bridge. With numerous construction experienced four wheelers on hand, along with in-depth discussions with the on site Forest engineers, a solution was devised. First the news was relayed to the one site, where their findings were applied to the other, and the hectic pace was now slammed back into overdrive. It was this type of cooperation and understanding between previously "total strangers" that made this project so magical… both at the time, as well as many years after.